He loves being with people and making new friends. He gladly shares his interests, his toys, and his smile.
Our Waffles
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup oil (usually less)
1/4 teas. salt
1 teas baking powder
2 eggs, separated
Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add additional ingredients except egg whites. Whip egg whites until stiff and then combine with other ingredients. Bake on waffle iron. This is the way the recipe started. Our dad has figured out how to tailor it to the number of people he is feeding and does it by "feel". Which always turns out perfect.
Butter Syrup
Warm together:
1/2 c buttermilk
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
Add:
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 teas. Vanilla
Use a larger pan because when you add the soda it foams up. It is absolutely delicious. I read on another blog that they actually cook it longer and it caramelizes a little. I tried it once but cooked it way too long and ended up with a hard tack candy. I'm trying to give up sugar so I don't think we will look for another sugar syrup to fall in love with.
If you come stay at our house and the man of the house is at home there is a very good chance you will have waffles some time in your stay. That ought to entice some company to come and visit us in the middle of nowhere!
3 comments:
What a great, amazing kid!
This is great! I've been looking for a waffle recipe made with whole wheat flour, so thank you for posting this!
omg, Isaac has grown up a lot!!!
Post a Comment