We have managed to make 25 cake rolls this last month. We are serving a delicious cake roll with strawberry cream cheese filling. They are easy to make and freeze well, don't require lots of extra pans and are loved by all. I have six tea towels so we made 6 batches at a session. Not bad.
Natalie's wedding cake roll
in one bowl combine and whisk until thick and creamy
6 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
in the mixer combine
6 egg white
1/2 cup sugar
beat until thick combine into bowl of yolks.
Sift together
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Combine all together, gently and spread in a pan lined with parchment and sprayed with oil. Bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until golden.
Generously sprinkle a tea towel with powdered sugar. When cake is finished baking, dump on tea towel
Then peel off parchment paper
and roll up with towel. Then refrigerate.
Strawberry Filling
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 Tb. strawberry jam
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
Cream all ingredients together.
Unroll cake and towel. Spread with filling and then roll up without the towel. Wrap in plastic wrap and foil. Then refrigerate or in my case freeze. I doubled the wraps to protect the cake in the freezer. I placed them in the freezer on a cookie sheet until frozen and then piled them up. We will serve from the deep freeze in the garage.
It should be very simple and tasty. We are also serving lemon water. Yes just lemon floating in the water. No sweetened surprises. We plan for 12 to 14 slices per cake roll.
7 comments:
wow, Becky, those look REALLY good! I am suddenly hungry for a cake roll. ;)
I will have to try this recipe out soon.
oh one more thing...
it looks like you cut the cake in half before rolling with the filling....is this for freezer space or does it help in the rolling process.
Looks great. So glad that I will be there.
Wow! What a lot of work, but I'm betting it will be so elegant and so yummy!
I'm commenting for the first time, but I love your blog. :-)
wow, you have got such a big family. I like you blog very much. shall drop by again.
mmm looks yummy! When will you be serving them?? I'm going to be in the USA soon and would love to make it to the wedding.
The cake is not cut at all before frosting. It is still the size of a cookie sheet.
Post a Comment