Whole Wheat Bread
4 cups warm water
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
1 Tb salt
2 heaping Tb. vital wheat gluten
2 Tb. instant yeast
fresh ground flour (hard white wheat)
I love my bosch for bread. Nothing kneads the dough as well. Add all ingredients to the bowl with only 3 cups flour and yeast on top of the flour. Begin kneading with the kneading arm and add flour until dough pulls away from sides. Allow to continue kneading for 10 minutes. Shape and put in greased bread pans or smash small balls on a cookie sheet to make buns. Bake bread at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Buns cook faster. I slice all the bread, bag each loaf and freeze the ones we are not using. It keeps it tasting much fresher although we will use it up in less than a week.
We also made muffins.
Carrot Raisin Muffins
5 cups whole wheat flour (I use soft wheat)
2 cup sugar (or sucanot)
5 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp ginger
combine in bowl. In separate bowl combine :
5 beaten eggs
20 oz can crushed pineapple
heaping 1/2 cup shredded carrot
heaping 1/2 cup raisins
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Then mix all together just until moist. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes in paper lined muffin tins. This is a big batch. It made 36 muffins. I 2 1/2 times the orginal recipe so that I could use a full can of pineapple. The freeze great.
Blueberry Muffins
1/2 cup sugar or sucanat
1/3 cup butter
1 egg
1 1/2 cups whole wheat (soft white) flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup milk
Cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine dry ingredients and add alternately to creamed mixture with milk, stirring gently. Fold in berries. Grease or us paper in tins. Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
These are the books we are currently reading. After a morning of projects some read aloud time is welcomed by all. We recently finished The Lightning Thief. I'm not sure how I feel about it but I do believe once was enough. Do you have any opinions?
3 comments:
I am jealous of all the baking. I want to do that...I just need to find the energy to attack it. We listened to The Lightening Thief on a drive to Idaho last year. We liked it, but some had a problem with the fantasy in it. But it was an enjoyable "read". Probably wont read again though.
I see granola in there too. Can I have that recipe?? Looks fun!!
I love the recipes you post on your blog. I miss your home-made bread!
Post a Comment