Monday, August 30, 2010

attention span

Yesterday we got a new Relief Society presidency.  We have been blessed with some great women in leadership and I would not have wanted to follow them but this new group will do great.  I'm in primary. Sometimes I really miss Relief Society, adults, conversation . . . During the third hour of church I did get to go to a special parents meeting for the new Duty to God program.  I got to sit in a chair and listen to adults.  I was excited but soon dosed.  How frustrating.  Apparently the Lord knows my limited attention span so he has me spend two hours on a bench in primary with time to play piano and stay awake.

I have especially appreciated the tender mercies that come with enjoying our callings.  I do love my calling.  The tender mercies that come to me are often in the words of primary songs that come to my mind and feed my soul. There are so many truths taught through music to the children that apply to me in every way.  The new song for this year has bought tears to my eyes several times.  Recently the words "I know who I am, I know God's plan, I'll follow him in faith" have been gentle reminders.  I love how the blessings of the Lord can be seen in our lives daily, that we can know his will for us, that we can be content in our own situation and choices and enjoy others as well.

I especially enjoyed this blog post.  We really do need to appreciate our individual paths and differences without judging others or ourselves.  We don't need to compare just bloom where we are planted.

2 comments:

Being A Mother Who Knows said...

Love the essay you linked.

amberjill said...

I LOVE that primary song, too. We sing it all the time.

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...