Sunday, November 28, 2010

a tree found

 Do you ever have moments or events with family that you just want to remember.  I have been taking a lot of pictures lately and although they are not photo-shopped or even all in focus, I want to remember the people, the feelings, the joy of being together - hence the picture overload.
 It has been years since I joined on the Christmas tree hunt. I have spent my time at home with babies getting decorations out.  This year I got to bundle up and join the fun.  It was a beautiful day for being in the mountains and the snow.
 the hunt is on.
 I think he found something he likes.  Of course it's up high.

 Luckily we brought a monkey tree climber named Tall One.





Birdseye view
 This is all of us with our tree.  We hung the camera in a tree and set the timer.


 Then we played on the frozen lake.





 Waiting in the car for the Light Parade to start.  A cold fun tradition.
 Then we got the house decorated for Christmas.  All that cleaning sure made it more fun to decorate.

I am sure glad that I had this beautiful day with my family.  I may have missed some great black Friday deals but since I don't get the ads I don't know what I missed and so far I haven't felt discontent with what I have.  We are still counting our blessings and enjoying a Thanksgiving Spirit.  I feel so blessed.

  • Mountains covered in snow
  • smell of fresh pine
  • angel trees
  • memories attached to ornaments
  • warm gloves

3 comments:

Natalie Nicole said...

Oh Mom. I miss you guys like crazy. Please know that I love you all! And Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you decided to join us. It was a blast, and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it! Love ya mom.

Being A Mother Who Knows said...

What a great day! I've always thought about going tree hunting but we never have. A lot of people in my area to go though. Perhaps some day!

Did you get my letter with Heber's "Address to My Children"? Just checking.

Thinking of you. Merry Christmas!

Love, Deanna

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...