Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Feeling love

I am feeling love today.  Nothing grand or amazing, just simple.  I am feeling blessed.  Blessed in so many ways.  I look at life, the past week, the past month.  It is sprinkled with happy happenings.  I wish I were better at capturing the moments.  I'm wanting to remember the feelings, put them down in writing but then the time slips quickly and I am left with my imperfect mind.

I do have a feeling of contentment.  A feeling that says through it all I have been loved.  I have been helped.  I have done things worth while.

 I live in a beautiful place where winter sparkles, we pray for snow, and we watch as tiny bits of green sprout up from the earth.  There are hopes of spring and change and beauty.

 Through each day, especially when I remember to watch, I will see the good.  I will see the happy.  I will see that joy and contentment come while you are in the middles of seasons.  It comes always but we must use eyes to see.  We find that it is not a waiting but a recognizing.  Learning to see what has always been there.
 When we see, we may see a chance to be a spot of happy in another's life too.
 I am grateful to celebrate love and life on the same day.  We celebrate this 4th son, 7th child.  We celebrate his very existence and then we remember the icing on the cake - his sweet personality.  He feels strongly.  He laughs wholeheartedly.  He fights for right and rejoices in good.  He is 8 today.

 Eight is special.  Eight years old means you are old enough to make and keep sacred baptismal covenants.  In our family you get your own scriptures - His word, to read, study, and feast upon.  He will enter the waters of baptism in just a few short weeks.  Then he will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.  That gift that comforts, teaches, testifies.  That messenger that speaks truth to the soul.  He will take upon himself the name of Christ and be a member of His church - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
 I teach him, pray over him, with him, and get to watch him grow.  I am so grateful for the family circle that supports us.  It is in our family that we have peace, joy, trial, heartache, stretching, recovering and beginning again.  All through it we are loved.

2 comments:

Rachel Keppner said...

What a lovely post. And what a sweet little guy! I just love that age. :)

Lisa said...

Thanks, I love looking around and counting our blessings!

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...