Sunday, December 16, 2012

When sorrow comes in the midst of happy times we wonder why.  And what are we to do now.  My heart has been slow to feel the pain of the teachers and children killed at Sandy Hook Elementary.  I think I start in denial.  I don't want it to be true.  I wish everyone could be safe and well.  Life goes differently and I am reminded of the blessings each day brings.  I remember the joy that can still be ours as we list the things we love.  I hope you enjoy this video about counting gifts.



A blog post with links on way you can help and support the families of Newton, CN and be part of a blessing in their lives.

Grateful
325 My children are alive, safe, and 6 are home with me
326 that so many people are hugging their children and looking for ways to make this world a better, safer place
327 that most people are good and when called upon, become heros.
328 for YW lessons on talents that encourage developing talents in order to share with others, build others in their talents and strengthen the kingdom of God.
329 for my Patriarchal blessing that gives me a glimpse of the woman God sees in me and offers direction in what my gifts might be and how I can be developing those gifts.
330 that my son reminded me that my word for this year is present and that I have received great reminders that I want to enjoy the moment I am in and the people I am with.
331  curry and rice 2 days in a row.
332  that we are in the midst of celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, him who came to earth, taught us the way to live and then paid the price that we might truly live again.
333  there is always hope.

No comments:

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...