Monday, March 9, 2015

Being

I am working on being. I am choosing tools that help me change the inside so the fruits that show on the outside are indeed good and desirable.  I continue to take classes, listen to pod casts and and collect information.  I am finding that I am a little unbalanced in applying that information.  It is great information and makes me feel good and have lots of ideas of what I want to do and the change I would like to see.  The trick has become doing action steps.  Daily steps, little goals that lead to accomplishing the bigger goal. That is where I have been falling short.  I love all the feel good but then I need to put forth the effort. Jump in and do the work.  Take the first step moving towards my goal.  Even my workout this morning said "Don't just wish for it, work for it".

So this is what we do.  We choose a goal.  Just one to start.  Pick one thing that I want to see happen in my life.  I am going to re-do my vision board.  I have had one on the wall with blue tape but I am ready for something a little nicer and willing to invest a little more into my vision board.  So here are some of the steps.

1. Find or make a framed cork board. (done.)
2. unwrap it and hang on the wall.  (today's goal)
3. move over current items
4. choose new items
5. find pictures to represent new items and print
6. put them on the vision board
7. look at vision board every day.

So I have now figured out every step I can think of.  I am going to chose at least one step a day.  Each step is simple enough that I can do one each day and I will remember that even though the steps are small they are taking me in the right direction.  As I add these steps to my day I am also going to remember that I have a good working morning routine that I must not neglect.  I begin my day with prayer, scripture study, exercise and a green smoothie.  That is my successful step and I will honor that while I add another step.  I have found that my a.m. routine empowers me and when I honor it then it gets my day started and more productive.

So here is a little bit about the why.  We are children of our creator. We also have an innate need to create, to progress. We are here on the earth to learn and grow.  When we create order, when we create action steps and do them we are acting on faith.  That faith that says we can do things and that what we do does matter.  This morning I was reading in Alma 9
28 Therefore, prepare ye the way of the Lord, for the time is at hand that all men shall reap a reward of their works, according to that which they have been...
We are suppose to be doing things but it is not really the things that we accomplish.  We should be anxiously engaged in good things but what really matters is what we are becoming.  Our intent, our hearts as we are doing is what really matters.


Grateful:
684 that I now know that a brownie before my workout does not make my work out easier or increase my energy.
685 that becoming matters more than doing.

No comments:

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...