Saturday, March 25, 2017

It will all work out

As I listened to the LDS General Women's conference and reviewed in my notes from other speakers I feel so comforted. So a while ago I heard Sister Tammy Runia speak.

  • This shall give they experience. A chance to test that which we have been taught
  • You can't always get what you want but sometimes you get what you need
  • Not understanding is not the same as not believing. Use your eye of faith and trust Him.
  • Say "no" to discouragement. Say "yes" to growing.
And then tonight I heard from Bonnie Cordon
  • In all they ways acknowledge him!
  • Trust him
  • Lean not unto thy own understanding
  • It's not about me.  Look for opportunities to serve
and Carol McConkie
  • When we choose that good part it will not be taken from us.
and Linda Burton
  • Be one of those Certain Women that were disciples of Christ
  • be willing to sacrifice and count the blessings while you are sacrificing
and finally President Henry B. Eyring
  • Ether 12:27 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
  • Becoming aware of weakness is a blessing that allows me to grow and turns me to my Savior
  • My Father in Heaven is more concerned with upward progress than comfort.
  • He also spoke of how the Holy Ghost helps us see the greatness in others.  I believe he helps us see that we also have value and even greatness.
As I shared my recent experiences with emotions, mental confusion and doubts I am comforted because I can see the same pattern spoken of here.  I was given experiences that were hard, that invited me to turn to Christ.  I can trust him.  I don't have to understand all of it to be able to gain growth and peace from it or even during the difficult times when my weaknesses are shining brightly. I will choose that good part!  I will rejoice in it.  I will take comfort that as I choose Christ, that good part will not be taken from me but will bless and strengthen me.  I truly can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. And he sends angels to strengthen me.




1 comment:

Diana said...

You are amazing! :) I hope you know how much I admire you! I love reading your posts and being inspired by your faith!
I see you as a "Certain Woman". <3

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...