Monday, September 25, 2017

Keep going

The sweet couple that served time the last 18 months  up at Martins Cove and sixth crossing spoke today in church.  I am again so very grateful for the faith and dedication of the pioneers.  When we were there last summer and Milt and I were asked to help in the reenactment of Jens and Elsie Nielson who had some very difficult pulls up rocky ridge.  The experience continues to teach me.

As I pulled milt in the handcart up the ridge alone, I struggled and slipped and gave all my strength to pull him. Then angels (my children) came and helped pull us up.  They were so enthusiastic that I nearly had to run to keep from being run over myself by the handcart. It seems to me the that when we ask for help the Lord and his angels are so willing that they do more than we ever thought possible to help us.  It made that part of the journey so much different from trying to do it alone.  I knelt and then thanked my Heavenly Father for the help and safety.  I now wish I would have had Milt get back in the handcart and kept going.

That is , I have learned, one of the hardest parts for me.  I want to be done but there is still much to do, a great distance to continue.  Now it is up to me to remember the help and the love I felt from my Savior and to keep going. To recognize the daily grace that enables me to keep going.  To see the the little miracles that are still daily help and comfort.

That is where I am at today. It's been over a year since my personal miracle. The comfort and concern and understanding of others is in the past and it is up to me to remember the love and goodness, to recognize the little miracles that still accompany me and to be happy in the journey. It is still hard. Life is not what it was but I can have faith that it is what it needs to be for me and my family.

I also enjoyed Bailey Simons' farewell talk today where she talked about life being a journey, a continual car ride where we each have our own cars (our bodies).  We have to fuel it, drive through road constructions, uphill, detours, rough road, smooth highways, break downs and repairs, maintenance, head lights to help us see the road ahead.  All part of our journey, and how nice it is when we can travel with fellow drivers who keep the rules of the road and are courteous and even helpful.




No comments:

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...