I got there feeling a little like an outsider and my emotions were tender having just said good bye to Isaac for 2 years. I finally got a cabin and loved having it all to myself. I quickly learned that I was surrounded by great people and had an opportunity to have a great review on amazing leadership principles and practices. I had a front row seat to people creating teams, cheering each other on, having honest conversations and thinking shifts, as well as some really good clean fun, crazy scout songs and budding friendships.
And it was so beautiful. I love the setting that we got to enjoy. We had rain and sun and warm and cold. Mountain smells and wildlife. I don't believe that I was really needed or did much but I tried to bring value to the experience.
I am guessing that it was for me to face my fears, do something on my own, make new friends, stretch a little and trust that saying yes and giving is the right thing to do.
And it was so beautiful. I love the setting that we got to enjoy. We had rain and sun and warm and cold. Mountain smells and wildlife. I don't believe that I was really needed or did much but I tried to bring value to the experience.
| The view from our dining porch |
I am grateful for the many boys and men that have been influenced for good because of the BSA. It has a rich heritage. I am grateful for the leadership principles that stand in all situations that were being taught through this venue. Those who attended are better for the experience and now have a whole toolbox of tools and information that they can use in many situations - family, work, church... I am grateful for all that I received by attending and making an effort to be present and engaged in the process. I hope I can always seize the moment and make the most of it. I know we are blessed as we seek for knowledge by study and by faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment