Thursday, September 22, 2022

Rainbows

 


We gladly received some much-needed rain. It didn't last long. The sun came out and WOW a full beautiful, brilliant rainbow with a hint of a second rainbow above it. 

I like rainbows.  When I see a rainbow in the sky I want to share it with everyone I can. I take a picture and post it to our family chat. I drag everyone out to see it. I wonder about the colors, where it might start and end, about the luck of rainbows, the pot of gold, and especially the covenant promises that it represents.

I was thinking about rainbows and how they come to be. There are the ingredients of light and water and air that happen to always be with us. Then when each takes its turn in just the right order a visible, beautiful rainbow appears. Often there is a storm and darkness. The light returns and the beauty shines. It looks like it is in different places depending on my own location. It becomes an unexpected blessing.

I believe blessings are like that.  Everything we need and hope for is around us.  When things line up which often includes a trial and darkness on our path. When we make certain choices. When we choose obedience and love, then, if we are looking, we see the blessings coming from heaven. They are created for us in our circumstances or location.  We get to invite others to see the rainbows from where they are. And we recognize the divine gift that our blessings bring to us.  Rainbows make gratitude easy.  Suddenly the storm was not so bad. We survived and are stronger. Light and beauty and a fresh start are given and we are ready to keep moving forward. I am reminded that we are protected and blessed by the covenants that the rainbow reminds me I have made. I can count on my God, who is faithful and forgiving.

No comments:

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...