Sunday, August 9, 2009

I'm still learning

Some times Mr. O irritates me. He is stubborn and stuck in his own opinions. I have been irritated for some time now and last night it came to a little bit of a head. I try not to fight in front of my children, especially when we are all together enjoying homemade ice cream before bed. So I held it in but I still felt it. Bed time was awkward. I chose to do dishes and cut hair rather than go to bed. I woke up still thinking my bad thoughts. And the trouble is that once I let things surface I think of the other things that have been bothering me and pretty soon I don't much care for Mr. O.

I wake up early. I was tempted to vent to my journal but thought I better put first things first. I prayed. I don't like my bad feelings so I prayed for him and eventually I prayed for me. It's interesting how I hang on to feelings sometimes that just are not blessing me. Then I began preparing my nursery lesson. It happens to be on saying I'm sorry. The first scripture was James 5:16. It is occurring to me that I need to recognize my own faults and admit them. Then I need to pray for him that I may be healed. I felt the inklings of peace. There is also the great advice found in 2 Nephi 12:23-24.

He is not perfect yet. I don't know if he even understands my frustration but I can still have peace. I can still strengthen my own realtionship with my Heavenly Father and I can take my concerns to Him so that He can heal me in my relationships. I'm so grateful that God is aware of me and provides learning experiences for me, even in my nursery class, that bless me in my grown up challenges. True principles teach us at every age.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Perfect....I have been there so many times but did not do what you did...pray. God works in wonderous ways doesn't he. Thanks for being my example and thanks for being real. I love you.

Bluebird & Company said...

you give me so much strength becky.
I have such a difficult time blogging, or even writing in my journal about my true feelings....especially when it comes to politics, family members or even all aspects of my relationship with my spouse. You are so good to just say it like it is. It makes me feel like I am not alone in having frustrating days.
Aren't the teachings of Jesus Christ so awesome! Truth is truth, no matter what age.

Chelsey Hansen said...

Well, I'm not happy that you're frustrated with Mr. O, but it's nice to hear that my mature grown up, admirable cousin has problems every once in awhile!!!! Thanks for sharing and giving tips on how to overcome it! miss ya!

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...