Mr. O is our bishop. He started tithing settlement today. That means he gets to the church at 7am and doesn't come home until possibly late. Dinner becomes a challenge. One dear family signed up for a 3:30 time slot, brought a nice plate of dinner with their family and demanded that the bishop eat while they visited. Very nice idea. Greatly appreciated by Mr. O. (If I'm truthful, by me too) So why do I not just say thank you and be grateful for the leftovers at home that we will enjoy for lunch tomorrow?
I have a pride issue. I would like to be the good wife. I would like to be the good sister. I would definitely like to be a better mother. I would like to have the right desires at the right time and know how to act on it. I realize I am coveting. I am coveting someone else's ability to serve. I'm being silly. I need to snap out of it. I need to remember that we each have our own gifts and abilities and I can learn to listen better to the promptings of the spirit.
In the mean time, I have another plan. I'm going to move to another ward, start fresh, give up my doubts and my shyness, and hire my friend to call me every time she gets a good idea and I will find someone to do it to also. Then it's not coveting, its learning from a great example. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bye, Sarah Rose
Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025. Today, we mourned our ...
-
We have a community dance group. We meet at the church three times a week for an hour, do yoga, ballet, tap, aerobics, clogging, pilates, a...
-
Sending Debbie off to the CCM in Mexico to learn to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ in Spanish. Milt and I talked about how this time is ...
-
We have managed to make 25 cake rolls this last month. We are serving a delicious cake roll with strawberry cream cheese filling. They are...
6 comments:
I am always surprised when someone does service .I know the poertunites are all around me but I just dont see them .I too feel like I should be seeing them and my first thought was this is what I will do when I have tithing settlment !
Great post! And I like your plan-- maybe I can start when my kids are bigger. Ha! :-D
Good thoughts..
Becky, you serve in so many ways. don't put yourself down. Look at the good you do. How many times have you had my Rebeckah over and you have neices and nephews there staying with you. I've seen you take goodies to neighbors and you always have a smile on your face. You always just live the Gospel cheerfully!!
I can leave a post if I leave it under Lisa'a nameso I'm doing it!! Laurie
haha! my plans for change and becoming a better person always start out like that. First, I'm gonna move! :)
Post a Comment