Sunday, January 26, 2014

Saying Yes

I'm continuing the Yes.

Yesterday a friend offered to help me shop.  I'm not a very good shopper. I doubt my own taste.  I'm slow to make decisions.  I figure I'm rather boring to shop with.  I said Yes and Thank You and it was good.  Probably not the fun shopping that other women have but I was grateful for it.  I tried to give her gas money but she refused. (We all could become better receivers).  I did feel a desire to at least give her a hug.  I don't usually initiate hugs but I said Yes to the feeling and gave her a hug.  Yeah!

Today at church I had the feeling to give a hug to the sweet young mom of six that sat down next to me.  I didn't want to intrude or assume and missed the opportunity.  That time I said No and was immediately sorry.

I'm realizing that I should say Yes to some of the little promptings that involve just me.  For instance, my bed is warm and soft and I like being there.  I'm blessed to have my alarm go off and not feel very tired at 5 am.  If I do get up I get some personal study time with the words of the scriptures and living prophets.  I get time to exercise also.  Too often I say No, reach over and turn off the alarm and wait a while which usually turns into another hour. It is my goal to say Yes to my original goal I made when I set the alarm.  I'm going to get up, even if it is cold.  I have noticed that if I just do it, it is not as cold as I thought and my whole day goes better.  So here is to saying Yes to inspired wake up times.

I have been saying Yes to one more game of hide 'n go seek in the dark with my kids.  They absolutely love it.  We go in the basement, take turns being it. It counts to 60 while the rest of us hide.  It searches until everyone has been found.  I don't like to be it.  I get nervous about what I'll touch in the dark or who might jump out.  I said Yes to my turn to be it. Being it wasn't so bad.  Sometimes saying Yes to a simple game creates happy memories for my children that are priceless and all I had to do was say Yes.

Grateful
581 It is never to late to keep doing something good, or start something good.
582 Heavenly Father loves me.  I am his daughter.
583 I am an agent not an object
584 Peter and Rachel are coming to Sunday dinner.  She is so great.  He is too.  It is fun to have a 22 yo son falling in love.
585 We still have plenty wood to warm the house.  This year the boys didn't get as much split and brought up to the house while the weather was warm so they get to enjoy the idea that wood warms you twice.  The work of splitting and hauling and then again when you burn it.
586 Simeon and Debbie bundled up and walked to church.  We had some leadership training this morning early and the young ones at home got themselves all ready for church and then out the door to get there on time.  So proud and grateful for them.

No comments:

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...