I got Feeln and watched a Christmas movie today. Angels Sing. I loved it. You just never know which one is going to really speak to you. This one did me some good today. I have come away feeling like I want to celebrate some good Christmas traditions. I too often complain about the lists of people I have to buy gifts for or the goodies I have to make and eat or the ridiculous amount of decorations or extras that some people do. I want the focus to be all about Christ but I also feel tonight that he would want us to create some happy family and Christmas memories that we can remember and enjoy again in years to come. This movie had death and hospitals and I had a different perspective. I am glad to be alive but I am touched by the preciousness and fragility of life. It is to be treasured and enjoyed. Each day is a gift. I am so grateful that my life is not full of too much stuff. Today when Simeon needed to make naan bread for a school project, we all made bread. When Isaac showed up with friends to work on math homework, we were just fine to hang out here and host friends. When I had the opportunity to see Dane and his group perform at a ward Christmas party, my schedule was free. I do love the spontaneity that is available when I don't over schedule and I am grateful for traditions that bring structure, anticipation, and the fun of the holidays. This is our last week of school and we are all looking forward to lots of time to do and be and play and create those memories.
I have been fighting a lot of judgments and negative thoughts. I don't like them. They make me angry or sad. They are robbing me of the simple joys and the ability to love people where they are. To trust my Father's plan and timing. I am thinking it has a lot to do with perspective. If I want things to change, I must change. I can choose the way I look at things. I can choose not to complain. I can choose to point out the good. I can apologize and try again. I can make this world a little better by being a little better.
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bye, Sarah Rose
Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025. Today, we mourned our ...
-
We have a community dance group. We meet at the church three times a week for an hour, do yoga, ballet, tap, aerobics, clogging, pilates, a...
-
Sending Debbie off to the CCM in Mexico to learn to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ in Spanish. Milt and I talked about how this time is ...
-
We have managed to make 25 cake rolls this last month. We are serving a delicious cake roll with strawberry cream cheese filling. They are...
No comments:
Post a Comment