Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Brave and Kind

My 17 year old son bought a new shirt and as soon as it showed up he put this on all his social groups.  He came home with lots of signatures and support, both online and on his shirt.


He has struggled with this huge attack on men. I am confident that all men and boys do.  More and more girls and women are being affected directly or indirectly.  It is an epidemic that ruins relationships of all kinds.  

I am proud of his courage.  I know that he is in a good place.  He is winning this battle and that he will help others be strong and brave as he breaks through the silence and brings real conversations to more people.  When he first was "caught" and went to the bishop to confess and get help, our sweet and wise bishop praised him and explained the importance of learning to appropriately honor the drives a man has. He also helped him to know that nasty evil things grow in the dark. It is when we expose them to light (especially the light of Christ, light of truth) that it losses its power.  

We went hiking again this week and I was pleased to see flowers already blooming on the mountainside.  They are tiny. They grow on a rocky slope but they grow. They blossom and fulfill the measure of their creation and in doing so brought joy to my day. I love that they are not perfect or all the same.  They each just do their best and it is enough.

And they can share the space and one does not want to become more important than another.  Depending on who is looking, they will each find their favorite but even the rocks and soil have beauty.

We each are individual with our own journey.  We face challenges and choices.  We can choose to be brave and to be kind.

I am so grateful that the fight against pornography is not something anyone has to do alone.  We can support each other and become a force for good..  We are learning more and more of the devastating effects but with the atonement of Jesus Christ all things can be made whole again.  Clean and good.



2 comments:

Diana said...

This brought tears to my eyes. What an amazing and brave young man! Thank you (and him) for sharing and being a great an example.

Rebecca said...

I am proud and grateful to be his momma. I am grateful for your kind words. I know that each experience brings us closer to our purpose and helps us grow. Thanks for commenting.

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...