Thursday, April 9, 2020

Corona Virus

It has been such a unique and interesting month of discomfort and adjustments.  It seemed to come on so suddenly--all these restrictions and closing down of so much of 'normal' life.  We watched as church was canceled, school, restaurants, all gathering places for sports or entertainment, temples, parks, public restrooms. Fear of even pumping gas. Rationing at the grocery stores. Limits to how many can come into the store, how close you can be. Plastic sheets installed between costumer and cashier.

Through it all we have stayed safe and sane.  I am so grateful that we have always kept a well stocked pantry. We are use to being home and spending time together.  School on line is not completely new.  We have been blessed with all the resources to have church at home.  We have family close by that we share games, movies, and conversation.  We have been able to reach out to friends and those we minister to in new ways.  We have felt the joy of uniting together as a global community to fight against the spread of COVID19.  We are united in fasting tomorrow that we may find relief, that the virus will be controlled, that those care taking will be protected, that our economy will recover, and that life will become normal again. 

People are scared,  worried, some sick, some dying, some paralyzed with all the what if's, or how will it ever be normal again questions.  I feel again the joy in having chosen the word PEACE for my focus this year.  I never dreamed that so much unrest could surround the whole world with a global pandemic.  I am happy to be able to see that I have found the source of peace. The Prince of Peace is available to all. As I look for peace, study peace, listen for peace, I am grateful to feel peace in the storm, to feel the calm in the midst, to feel the strength of God in all of this.  I know God lives. He is in his heaven and he is with me here. He is glorious.  I have no need to fear.


I heard from a dear friend in Switzerland that she has had the virus. Though she had a milder case, her husband was hospitalized for 17 days and reached critical condition before things finally turned.  I got to hear her sweet experience as she testified of the power of prayer and a loving Heavenly Father.  Faith and prayers of people from all walks of faith uniting together to ask for help and protection.  And He hears and answers our pleas.  

We are enjoying a campaign from the church #hearhim and amazing General Conference this last weekend where we received a Proclamation on the Restoration, were able to participate in a worldwide Hosanna shout, receive God's word through His servants, the prophets and many other inspired speakers with the peace that comes when we prepare questions and listen for the answers.  

I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I love being a member of His church.  I love my life, my family.  


No comments:

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...