God has told us "Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children". I love when his words are so obviously true.
Doodle just started drawing. She had not done any drawing before but when we got a new white board, she just couldn't resist. The fun part for me was seeing what she would draw. It is no secret that boys and girls are innately different. Doodle drew her family. Girls are wired to nurture. They can do many other things but when it comes to their core, to their purpose, even at a very young age they know that family is important and that they're role has to do with relationships with those around them.
I have been through 4 boys. They drew some family but favored trucks and boats. This was during a time when their dad had a lot to do with trucks and boats. They were following the example of their dad. "By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families."
As parents we have a huge responsibility to be a good example, to enjoy our God given roles and to encourage those desires in our children. It is such a beautiful plan to be organized in families and have a loving Father in Heaven as our third partner. And it is comforting and amazing that those desires are planted deeply at a very young age.
5 comments:
Debbie is such an ArtisT! And SO cute, she's lucky to have such a good mom too :) LOve you and OF COURSE you can stay at our house the night before :)
She is Such a cute artist!! And very descriptive. I like the small words that I can understand!!!
Anna
yeah!! you got the clothes! she looks so cute in that dress! i love her drawing too! i tried to teach Trae how to draw stick people yesterday, but it didn't exactly work! :)
That wasn't everyone! Em and I feel a wee bit forgotten! I want to see a picture of me!
But she is a cutie! And so detailed! And it wasn't like she just gave names to different characters- they really were those people!
Post a Comment