Tuesday, September 1, 2009

sweetness of ?

I have been enjoying a special blessing that I wasn't expecting. I have three girls all moved away to college. They are wonderful, independent, beautiful girls. The blessing I'm enjoying is that they like me.

They call me with questions.

They listen to my answers and even call again. They share their triumphs, fears, hopes, and even the little things.

I can't tell you how fun it is to think that they don't mind calling home, don't mind if I don't have all the answers, and don't mind accepting advice, suggestions, or too many questions.

I have had a lot of calls from Elise. She loves her new little baby and is having so much fun. She is sharing the fun by calling with updates and questions. Sometimes I don't have the answers. Sometimes she doesn't like the answers. For me the blessing is that she is showing me with her questions that she believes I was/am a good mother and have some things worth sharing.

I don't think I can explain how good it feels to have people you love and admire believe in you. That is what I am feeling. They each know me very well. They know my weaknesses. They know I made/make mistakes. They know I'm still learning too but they still call.

I hope they each know how much I love them and am grateful to be their mom.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

It's true Mom! I do love to call home and I do trust you! I think you are a great mom and I love you lots! Hmm. I think I'm going to call home again tonight...

Bluebird & Company said...

you are a great mom!

Julie said...

I hope for that day....BUT, you know your girls have always adored you and admired you and valued you. Of course you would be the person they call. You are loved. Enjoy it!!

The Petersons said...

Just got caught up on your blogs. You are a great, mom, motivator for feeling better by eating right, and a great granny. I mean just a granny that is great. I miss Jack and am looking forward to seeing him again. They look so cute together.

Cami said...

It was totally the same with me when I moved out. From a daughter's perspective, you wonder why you ever thought you knew more than your mom... Its interesting how your attitude changes and your appreciation grows. :) I love my mom! (AND I love all my aunts who are also incredible examples to me!)

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...