Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving remembered


Thanksgiving for us involves sweet dreams coming true.  We begin our day with pie.  Life is short, eat dessert first (or at least while you still have room).


We had fruit pies, cream pies, pumpkin, and quiche as well as whip cream or homemade ice cream.  Plenty for everyone, even Peter.


Some don't even bother to wake up to eat the pies, just smile through it all.


This guy definitely likes his pie.  He is my current bottomless pit.


These were the willing family members who enjoyed pie first.  It was great fun to be able to share part of the day with some many great people.


And then it turned into a snowball fight.  There wasn't much snow but it was still icey and cold.





This was our dinner crew.  We felt very grateful for great food, family, country, conveniences of modern living, and the gospel of Jesus Christ restored to the earth and the power of the atonement in our lives.


A few more pictures of people I love.








Uncle, aunt, and nephew fun.

8 comments:

Elise said...

Cute pictures mom! THanks for sharing! lOve you!

amberjill said...

HAHAH So cute! I think it's funny that mom and dad have to pull out an extra table when your family comes for Thanksgiving! Gotta have room for all that yummy food!!

Natalie said...

It was a great Thanksgiving! I love the last picture. SO cute!

Julie said...

I love your pics....I have more for you. I will try to email them tonight.

wendy said...

Cute pictures. You have such a cute family. I have to agree with Natalie, the last picture is adorable.

Lara said...

Pie for breakfast! You are a genius! But I have two questions for you. How do you have time to make Thanksgiving dinner when you have all that breakfast company and do you have pie again after dinner? I hope so!

Rebecca said...

Ideally the pie is done very casually. The turkey was in the roaster and a lot of the things just need warming up. We usually serve the pie on paper plates and I always save pies for after dinner too. I know its crazy but my family loves the tradition. I tried to prepare a lot of the dinner dishes the day before. The ladies of the family actually went to see New Moon while the men peeled potatoes and played games. (that may not fit for femininity, but it was sure appreciated because my husband insisted on bring our own garden potatoes that were tiny). As for the movie, once is enough for me. It was more about being with the girls in the family and that was fun. We ate dinner at 4.

The Petersons said...

Great blog and pictures. I love this day. We are truly blessed.

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...