Monday, September 5, 2011

like wisdom

At 5 yo Doodle continues to teach me and make me think.  We were reading a children's book about Joseph Smith.  When Joseph didn't know which church to join he was reading in the Bible in James 1:5 where it says "If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given him."  Which led to Joseph going into the woods to pray.  As we got to that part Doodle said "I know that scripture and proceeded to quote a part of it.  She said, "If any of you like wisdom, let him ask of God".  I told her she had done well and I proceed to smile and ponder the need to like wisdom and to ask God for that wisdom.

To me wisdom is not just understanding or knowledge.  We gain knowledge by study, then we apply faith that we might have wisdom.  Wisdom is knowing how to use that knowledge--to understand, to discern truth, then to be able to act on it.  When we obtain wisdom we can then go, be, and do the Lord's will for us.  Because I like and lack wisdom, I will ask God, who gives freely and blesses me daily.  He loves me where I am and helps me to become what he would have me be.

1 comment:

Bluebird & Company said...

so true Becky.
How neat is that that Doodle can quote scriptures! What a great base she is learning.
Hope you are all well!

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...