In a talk on the radio this morning he mentioned that God is not so concerned with our distance as with our direction. I think that is the reason for the peace I have felt. I may not be anywhere close to perfect but I am pointed in that direction. My goal is to be perfected in Christ. Only with him can I ever even come close but he knows the desires of my heart. He knows I want to be like him and as I stumble and bumble along in my efforts he probably laughs a little, picks me up when I fall, shares a helpful tidbit and lets me try again. I am here to try. He is here to save. I am here to do what I can, to do my best.
We are all at our own distance but He knows each one of us. We can choose the direction we face, the direction we are headed. He tailors our experiences here to give us every chance we need to learn and then he is there to help us. He is the one true God and His way is The Way but that doesn't mean it looks the same for each of us. He helps the one. He helps me and loves me and cares about what I care about. He hears my prayers and no matter how shallow or silly they may seem, he answers me.
I don't know why I am here. He does. I am still here in great part because of the faith and prayers of good people. I will move forward in faith, watching for direction and opportunity to make a difference in small and simple ways. I will work on becoming all that He would have me be. That is all I really need I don't feel the need to be or do something big and amazing. I believe that there are plenty of things we can do that are small and everyday things that add up to making a real difference in the lives of those we know and touch. That is enough for me. If I can lighten a load, brighten a day, bless a life by word or deed then I will count it a success. I have felt the love and help of angels seen and unseen. Maybe I can be an answer to a prayer. Maybe I can be an angel to someone for even just a moment.
Grateful:
- I was able to cut my husbands hair this morning
- I decided flies have been a blessing in that they make me exercise my ability to focus as I try to chase them down.
- Today my 8th grandchild, Ella Grace, will be blessed by her father.
- I love testimony meeting.
2 comments:
Beautiful insights and thoughts, and I think you are correct. Direction is more important than distance. We must choose our direction and move forward.
Thank you for your comment. It is definitely up to us and where our power lies. We choose our direction and with that choice He can use us for good.
Post a Comment