Friday, October 14, 2016

Vibrant

Yesterday my daughter told me I looked good.  I have been told I look thin, better, present.  It was good to be told I look good but then I wondered.  Do I look good because - I took a shower? I'm not in bed? I'm dressed? I'm smiling?

Later that day another daughter told me I looked good. Having thought about it I asked what that means.  She was nice enough to explain.  I no longer looked sick, weak, sallow.  I look healthy, even vibrant.  That makes me feel good.  I am gaining back some of the weight that I lost so quickly. I am also growing in strength and desire. I am up all day. I try to do more things around the house. I walked 3 blocks in one go.  I went to the temple with a friend and I went visiting teaching.  I am coming back to my life and doing things I love.

My sweet husband thinks it would be fun to go on a getaway in December because he has a deal he could get.  I don't want to go.  I like staying home.  I realize I have always been a bit of a home body but I think I especially don't want to leave my family.  The time I have them is so short and things can change so quickly without any warning.  I want to just be with them and be doing things here for the holidays.  I want to enjoy getting ready for Christmas and nights by the fire and a family all home for dinner and maybe secrets whispering around the house about gifts.  I love my husband.  He is so good to me.  I hope he understands that I am still choosing him. I just want a little bit of everything.

Grateful:
vi·brant
  • ˈvībrənt/
    adjective
    1. full of energy and enthusiasm.

  • family
  • children still at home
  • autumn 
  • colored leaves
  • comfort food
  • my neck got shaved
  • family vacations

No comments:

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...