This journey started with finally deciding to drive to the hospital after having passed out on the couch and upon waking, I was unable to find my bpm or blood pressure. We figured all our devices were just not working. Tried the Oura ring for bpm and our blood pressure cuff. They all came up with errors. Milt and Isaac gave me a blessing, and then Milt and Elise took me to Gunnison Hospital. Once they got me hooked up to a monitor, we realized that indeed my heart was struggling. BPM ranged from 25-32. They did an EKG and X-Ray. Dr. Larsen arranged for me to be lifeflighted to Utah Valley Hospital. I felt weak but alert and took pictures from the helicopter to share my view with the grandkids.
I arrived at the hospital near 1am Sunday morning, and after a long night with a bad stomachache because of the medication to keep my heart going, I received a pacemaker.
I felt love and prayers from family and friends. Milt and Simeon stayed with me. Elise, Dan, Steph, Julie, Amber, Mark, Korin, and Dad all came to visit and check on me.
Arrived home Monday morning to work on patience, healing, and figuring out this new situation. The hope is that there will be no more fainting or lightheadedness. More energy and clarity. I would like to see improvements in all areas. In the meantime, my body is learning to deal with the strain.






No comments:
Post a Comment