Dane is taking orchestra, shop, and PE at the middle school this year. He is really enjoying his classes but mostly his friends. For the orchestra's first concert this year they did a Halloween theme and wore costumes. He came with a bright idea. (yes, the light bulb floating above his head is his costume.)
Today Dane taught Isaac to play chess. Since I still can't remeber the positions or moves of each of the pieces, I am just amazed. For me the most rewarding thing about it was Dane's incredible patience in teaching. He taught creatively and with enthusiasm that often brought laughter from Isaac. I guess I should sign up for lessons. I guess Dane's costume is true to his way of doing things, he always has a bright idea and a fun way to do things.
2 comments:
Thats great...Dane really is a special kid. I wanna see pics of the lightbulb costume playing in the orchestra.
Way to go Dane. You once tried to teach me to play chess, I don't think I was patient enough...I still haven't figured it out! How'd Isaac do as a student?
Post a Comment