We loved conference. We all camped out at Elise and John's, filling their home and feeling the spirit. We are in difficult times but we have the recipe for success, peace, and joy. Elder Holland said that the Lord will fight our battles, our children's battles and our children's children's battles--be faithful, angels are all about us. May we have unity, return to virtue, accept change, pray meaningfully, strength marriage and family, and always remember the Lord prepares a way.
We enjoyed a Sunday walk on the riverwalk--wow, it was beautiful.



Simeon found a geo cache and we left a note from him.

All my kids in one spot, in one picture--another modern miracle!

We even played Pooh sticks. Nobody outgrows this game.
Soaking up conference messages.
Our priesthood holders were able to attend their meeting in the Conference center. With the long drive we packed the cooler with lasagna and they said it worked fine, although it would have been nice to have plates. Hey, I gave them forks and paper towels and they came home clean so it all worked out.
There were plenty of burrs along the way which resulted in one big, continuous burr fight.
And the sweet, innocents simply enjoying rosehips.
Thanks to the VanO's for their hospitality and great home. We love and miss you and Natalie and are so grateful for family.
We even played Pooh sticks. Nobody outgrows this game.
And the sweet, innocents simply enjoying rosehips.
8 comments:
I LOVE the very top picture on your header! It is so beautiful there! *Sigh*I miss it. :(
thanks mom! I loved the pictures! It was so fun to have you guys here, thanks for coming, love you all!
That was such a great weekend! i'm glad we took lots of pictures! Thanks for making the drive! Hey, how's my car doing? :)
I'm jealous! I want to hang out with my siblings...maybe we could all ditch our kids and responsibilities for the weekend and just go for a walk! Oh, and pooh sticks?? Either I need and explanation or I don't. You tell me, but my mom doesn't let me talk like that or play games involving pooh sticks! (who pooh's sticks anyway??) :)
How can you be a mother of young children and not know about Pooh sticks? Don't you watch Winnie the Pooh. This game was invented by him and is a classic game played by similar great minds.
I am glad that I finally posted something worthy of such a long comment. If you want we can come and give you and your family lessons on the tricks of Pooh sticks.
Your family is so awesome and good lookin, I might add. I love the pictures, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love that you forgot the plates for lasagna...so classic....US.
I love pooh sticks! agreed - no one can ever outgrow that game!
I love your new header picture. What a wonderful thing to have all of your family together. I am looking forward to that in November for the first time in 3-1/2 years.
Post a Comment