Monday, January 26, 2009

More weather

We have had spring for the last week--rain, 40's, and flies, yes flies.  I killed 3 yesterday.  I don't think I have ever had flies before in January in my state.  Lucky us.  

Then the weather changed.  Once most of the ice was melting we got hail.  Big hail coming down fast.  We even had thunder and lightening.  

Then finally the flakes started and kept coming all night I think.  My boys were up at 5 shoveling snow.  They each have 2 houses they are assigned to clear snow from for the winter and then there is our house too.  Boy am I grateful for their help.  Of course, Mr. Olsen went south for the week and beat the storm.  We will just stay snowed in.  I love snow days and snow cream.  
Our recipe for snow cream . . . 1 bowl of clean snow, pour sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, stir and enjoy.  Can't beat that for easy and yummy.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, I am truly so impressed that your boys get up so early to go shovel driveways! That's amazing. We went through the same little spring-->storm cycle here too. Strange...

Lauri said...

Good boys! And I can't wait to try snow cream.

Natalie said...

No, I didn't go with you to Kristens, remember? Those were at Lauri's on Christmas day.

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...