Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter playing

Easter hunt at Grandma's was indoors, due to the snow coming down outside.  The cousins all had a great time playing, collecting, and decorating fudge eggs.
We finally got to color our eggs on Saturday.  We have been enjoying them ever since. We love deviled eggs to snack on for spring General Conference.
The city hosts an Easter egg hunt on Saturday.  It is well attended.  They split up the park into age groups and then let them go.  There is enough for everyone.

This year we got snowed on as we headed home.  There's snow place like home.
Once again we opt for an inside egg hunt at home.  The cold wet snow outside just didn't invite us.  This year I am fighting tradition with my desire to make healthier choices.  It is hard to control what they receive other places but at home we kept the sweets to a bare minimum and lucky for me nobody liked the jelly beans anyway.  The big hit in the plastic eggs was money.  I went to our change jar and shared some of the wealth.  It brought many smiles.
Speaking of storms and General Conference and Easter, I loved my weekend.  We were able to listen to each session of conference as a family.  Jarle's family even joined us for the Sunday morning session.  I especially loved starting out the 2 day conference with the song There is Sunshine in my Soul Today.  It spoke to my heart of our ability to weather the storms that surround us and find the peace that comes from Christ.  I loved all the speakers, especially the emphasis I felt on family, strengthening the family, protecting the family, raising a family up to the Lord.  Jesus is my light and so there truly is Sunshine in my soul.

2 comments:

Lauri said...

I enjoyed your Eastery post. Thanks.

Lara said...

I'm still trying to figure out how to celebrate the holidays like Holy Days. I have a friend that did a sunrise testimony meeting in the mountains with her family on Easter morning and I thought that sounded fun. Then they had a very simple dinner of bread and honey and one other thing but I can't remember now. They ate while they read about Christ's Atonement.

I think we will try to do something similar next year. It took me a while to give up the Easter bunny and eggs but I really don't want that to be what my children remember about Easter and it seems that if you do both (spiritual and commercial) they only remember the bunny and the candy.

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...