Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hermana



My heart is full today.  My little Twinkle left to serve a mission today.  She will teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ for 18 months in Bolivia.  She has had so many experiences and trials and triumphants that have prepared her to be a great missionary and representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. 

She spoke in church on Dec. 26.  Her assigned topic was the Atonement.  She chose to focus on Grace, the enabling power of the Atonement.  I had a dear friend share that her sons had been visiting that day and were touched by the spirit.  One of them is ready to have the missionaries come and teach him.  Her spirit of enthusiasm and righteous living is contagious.  As she was set apart by through priesthood authority last night she was promised blessings of the gift of tongues, health, wisdom, and peace. 

Today we began as usual with our family devotional but we sang a few more songs than usual.  We sang Build an Ark, Called to Serve, and I Will Follow God's Plan.  It was an interesting mix but just right for us.  My heart is truly full.  I have been given time with a choice spirit of Heavenly Father's.  I got to be her mother.  I got to learn from her example.  I get to continue to share the growth that will surely come as she works and prays and walks in his way.  I can't wait to hear from her.  (Pictures coming when the computer will read them)


This snow sculpture of the temple made by Twinkle will slowly fade with the snow but the letters will come, the experiences shared, the love will  grow.  The most important things in life last - like relationships, like family!

1 comment:

The Peterson 5 said...

I also think she did an amazing job on her farewell talk. She was actually glowing up there! Good luck, Emily!!

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...