Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm back

For several reasons I have not blogged for a while.  I have been rethinking my blog and why I share and what I hope to accomplish.  Really I blog to share my life with those who care about me or have similar world views.  I blog to organize my thoughts, share my latest insights, and hopefully inspire others.  I blog to keep a record of my family happenings.  My children love seeing there pictures here.

I have given myself time to step back and wonder.  I am learning that many people blog similar to the way I do.  It is a place to reason things out and join a dialog.  It is not my intention to declare that I have discovered the only way to parent, raise children, celebrate holidays, run a home, or live a life.  I am not an expert in communicating, in relationships, in life.  I have friends that have quit blogging.  I am starting to understand that they may have been attacked for their views and no longer feel safe sharing.  I don't want to have to hide who I am or my journey.  I don't want others to think that if I do something a certain way that they are wrong for doing things differently.  I don't want to have anyone think that I have all the answers.  I don't.  I continue to learn and grow, repent, change, slip, try again, hope, and continue forward.

I ask you as my readers, family, friends to read if you want but do not feel obligated to always be here. If you don't like a path I am on, ignore it.  If you have helpful ideas, I would love to hear them.  If you have other success you want to share, I am open.

I want to keep writing.  I need to keep writing.  I find it is a way for me to learn, to organize my thoughts.  I know that I learn so much from others as they share their journey.  I realize that we are on different paths at times but I don't want to just receive, I want to give back too.  I appreciate openness from others and I want to be open.  Some have turned off their comments, I would rather not.  Some have gone private, I would rather not.  I want to be better at sharing strong words, words that strengthen and build, not tear down.

I will keep writing in my eclectic way.  I will share whatever feels right.  I will pray over my words and hopefully there will be times when my words bless others as well as myself.   This dear woman has said many of the things I have felt.  Let's give each other the benefit of a doubt and love one another where we are.

2 comments:

Hu.Ge.Lu said...

Becky, I am SO GLAD you finally posted again. I just LOVE your thoughts!!! And I LOVE your wisdom, insights etc. etc. etc. Keep writing, you may need to write, BUT I NEED TO READ!
You are AMAZING!
Shelly

Rachel Keppner said...

Rebecca,

I know we are "strangers", but I really enjoy your blog. You always inspire and uplift me. Thank you for writing and for your wonderful example to mothers. May Heavenly Father bless you and your beautiful family! :-)

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...