Monday, July 27, 2009

Challenge 5, a hard one

So far the challenges have made sense to me and I have willingly jumped in to make those changes/improvements in my life but I struggle with this one. Simple/healthy/tasty is suggesting that we give up dairy for at least 4 weeks. I have moved to raw milk, I am making my own yogurt (much cheaper) and I buy my cheese in the super size blocks to save money. The idea of giving up dairy is very hard for me. I don't drink milk but I love cheese. It makes everything taste better. I may do my own version of this challenge and just cut back and choose good sources. I am tempted by the promised weight loss though. I really would like to enjoy a little less of me. Maybe this could just be an exercise in will power and self control. Maybe you shouldn't ask me how this one is going.

For more information on why to give up cheese and all dairy, go read her reasons. I just don't want to.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh Mom, you're so cute and so honest! That is a hard one. I'm still struggling with giving up treats...

Lara said...

I have an idea for you. Don't stop eating dairy. Just stop buying it and cooking with it! You will be surprised at how easy it is once you get it out of your house. I NEVER thought I could do it and look at me now!! I am sorry I didn't do it 11 years ago when my husband told me how bad it was.

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...