Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sweet helper


The other morning Doodle woke up and called down the stairs asking where I was. I answered and then didn't hear any more. After a while I headed up to see where she was. I found her in my room. I had hung her laundry to dry the night before. She had gotten up, dressed, and folded her laundry. The two in front are dresses she wanted hung up. I was thrilled with her help. She is becoming so independent and thinks she can do pretty much anything. A couple of days later I found she had helped her self to the raspberry jam, spilled it on the floor, and piled up dry washcloths on top to take care of the mess. By the time I figured out what she had down the wood floor was turning red. Today at the grocery store she didn't want to ride in the cart, she wanted to push the cart. It was not really that much fun. Sure glad sometimes its helpful and other times just cute because sometimes I just get irritated.

And Elise, I didn't know how to do this but I'm going for 'plan tacky'. I got this for your birthday but didn't ship it. I was going to email the picture on THE day but didn't. I know you think I completely don't care but I do and I have been wondering what to do. So, I am admitting to the world, or at least the small part of the world that ever looks at my blog, that I got you a big pot for your birthday. Its practical, its useful, its needed, and I didn't know what else to do. It's kind of like Pooh's gift of a useful pot to put things in that he gave to Eeyore. I'm sure some day you will thank me. I thank you for the many years that you were helpful. (and still are . . ) I can't wait to show it to you in person.

So I am off to girls camp. For a nursery leader I sure get to go to lots of youth activities. It should be fun. I'm just going for the food. Mr. O is the priesthood person and I and my little ones are his support. This way we get a family vacation. Five out of a family of ten isn't too bad. There is room for improvement.

5 comments:

Elise said...

Thanks mom! I love it! And not only does debbie look so old but sim looks so tall! Did he grow? Maybe its the wranglers... since when does he wear wranglers? Cute pictures, looks like fun!

Lauri said...

A 12 qt. stock pot will always add to a happy homemakers happiness. Happy camping/vacationing.

The Petersons said...

I thought you had a different present at my house. Maybe you should take that one back.

Natalie said...

That is so sweet of Debbie to be folding her clothes! And it looks like she did a good job too! Maybe she can help me with mine.... And I think a pot is a great gift- now she can make soup and invite me over! :)

Amy said...

Thomas and Debbie are the same age and I can't even IMAGINE Thomas folding clothes!!! That is so cute!

Love the pot! When I saw it I immediately thought "corn on the cob" - tis the season. I'm sure we'll have plenty of that to share with the Olsen cousins too!

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...