Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I feel violated

This is our back back yard, right behind the fence. This is where Tall One is raising rabbits with his 4H club and had been training his rabbit to be shown. They were New Zealand Whites and just old enough to mate.
These are the doors that were still closed when my little children came out this morning but this is what they found.

Both rabbits had been moved to the same cage, heads mangled and ears with identifying tattos turned inside out and placed at the top of the cage.
I cried. I feel the loss of life but more I feel violated. Someone came into my yard and intentionally killed my children's pets. Even more than that they stole the security I have felt in my own yard. They stole my trust in my small town. Somebody out there is sadistic. I am sad.
BUT they will not win. We will try again. We will get rabbits again. We will alert our neighbors to help us keep watch. We will get locks and we will not give up the things that bring us joy.


8 comments:

Bluebird & Company said...

*gasp!* oh my goodness. You have every right to feel violated. That almost seems unbelievable! Why? Why would someone do that?
I do not understand. I do not want to understand!
You have a good attitude though Becky. There is a quote by Mother Teresa that I'm reminded of. I will have to email it to you later today.

The Petersons said...

Oh, how sad.

amberjill said...

i am so sorry! that is awful! someone is truly sick!

Natalie said...

That makes me sick Mom, I'm so sorry! I'm glad you aren't going to give up, but it is scary. I know it upsets me and I'm all the way up here!

Lara said...

I'm sorry! That's so scary and sad!

The Peterson 5 said...

That is horrible! Isn't it sad you have to lock up everything....

Lauri said...

I'm so sorry Becky and all.

Jennifer Never said...

So sorry Becky and kids. Manti???!!!

What is the world coming to??

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...