Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Now the smoothies

I just want to say that my water week still needs improvement. I tried the cup by the sink with something in the window to count with. I was tempted to use m&ms or chocolate chips but I settled for peanuts thinking they wouldn't be such a temptation to the rest of my family. I was wrong. Before I got all my cups of water in my counters were gone. I am moving to 2 cups of water before breakfast, a cup each time I wash the dishes, and a cup each time I get hungry and think I need a snack. It could be that my body is just thirsty. Drink water and enjoy it.

This week we move on to green smoothies. I have learned to love green smoothies. Start with lots of fruit and some spinach. The spinach has almost no flavor but so much dark green goodness. My garden is finally giving me fresh spinach and I may have to have several smoothies a day to keep up. It really does feel so good to be getting several servings of fruits and veggies in such an easy way. There are many sources for recipes and lists of benefits for green smoothies that you can google or just use the fruit and veggies you have on hand. I tried some of the recipes from simple. healthy. tasty. and even enjoyed the peanutbutter chocolate green smoothie. It is very green but felt like a shake with no guilt. So for more info go to her site. Another green smoothie site as well as other recipes for your blender. I do have a vita mix. I love it. If you have another brand maybe your brand has a site with ideas also.

Lets also make sure we are getting some moderate exercise. If you love working up a sweat and complaining about sore muscles the next day - go ahead. But really just some regular moderate exercise is all our bodies need. Keep moving, walk, stretch, enjoy life, play with the kids and your energy will improve. We are setting a foundation for improved health. Keep working.

5 comments:

Anna said...

mmmm... We love the green drink at our house! Thanks to you and that post a while ago. we've been freuently having them since then.

Bluebird & Company said...

mmmm. sounds yummy. probably because I am ready for lunch. thanks again for such a fun little vacation!

Bluebird & Company said...

I need to be better about drinking more water too. I go through spurts. I'll do really good for a few days, then get more forgetful and not get enough. It's good to be reminded. Maybe if I made a chart for me with stars, like I do for the boys.......

Elise said...

I've been getting my green smoothies in too, i love them but they give me heartburn. I deal with it though because i know its such a good way to get those greens in and we need greens! (me and my baby of course) Thanks mom for doing this!

Natalie said...

I've been trying to get a green smoothie in every day too! and do pretty good...Thanks Mom for motivating me to do better!

Bye, Sarah Rose

  Peter and Rachel's baby girl came too soon and was born with a difficult heart condition on November 13, 2025.  Today, we mourned our ...