I want to share this great site of Great helps that came in my email today. I have been creating my own poster for the refrigerator each week but this gal has down a great job of lots of picture helps for memorizing. Wanting to share our success and fun, here is Doodle, age 4 reciting The Living Christ so far.
As we commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ two millennia ago, we offer our testimony of the reality of His matchless life and the infinite virtue of His great atoning sacrifice. None other has had so profound an influence upon all who have lived and will yet live upon the earth.
He was the Great Jehovah of the Old Testament, the Messiah of the New. Under the direction of His Father, He was the creator of the earth. “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made” (John 1:3). Though sinless, He was baptized to fulfill all righteousness. He “went about doing good” (Acts 10:38), yet was despised for it.
We recite it each morning at devotional and repeat the new sentence(s) three times. Then we do it again during school for our memory work. My goal was to do it before each meal but that hasn't happened. I have it on the fridge for the readers to practice. In reality the littles put the big ones to shame. They know it so well and are the ones anxious to move on. We pray for help in memorizing and internalizing the words of this very special testimony. I do believe it is blessing our home.
My adult children and my parents are joining us on this. I hope they will report their progress as well. We will share again in a few weeks. It is so good to allow the children to present in front of other people. It builds confidence in speaking out and knowing they have something worth sharing.
He was the Great Jehovah of the Old Testament, the Messiah of the New. Under the direction of His Father, He was the creator of the earth. “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made” (John 1:3). Though sinless, He was baptized to fulfill all righteousness. He “went about doing good” (Acts 10:38), yet was despised for it.
My adult children and my parents are joining us on this. I hope they will report their progress as well. We will share again in a few weeks. It is so good to allow the children to present in front of other people. It builds confidence in speaking out and knowing they have something worth sharing.
3 comments:
That is so awesome!
Good job doodle!
What a great idea....thanks for sharing. This looks like something that our family could do too. I'll have to show this to Heber and maybe we could memorize it too with the kids. :) THANKS!
That is SO super cute! I suddenly feel even more motivated! William and i have just finished that paragraph and are starting the 3rd- I think we're aiming for Christmas too! I love you guys so much and am so grateful for the role the gospel has always played in our lives!
(Oh, and the blog was past dated? So it didnt' show up at the top of my list, maybe i just missed it? And it ends mid-sentence...? Love you!)
What a wonderful way to prepare for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thank you for sharing. I hope to enlist all our family at dinner tonight and have the pictures and words for the first 3 weeks printed and ready. Their testimony is mine and my fondest desire is that it is our children's too. I think a wonderful way to finish would be to sign our names along side theirs when we've completed it. Thanks again.
Post a Comment