Raising boys I was grateful for the description of Bert by Mary Poppins in a dating setting. This would be the kind of gentleman I would expect my boy to be.
Oh, it's a jolly holiday
With you, Bert
Gentlemen like you are few
Though your just a diamond
In the rough, Bert
Underneath your blood is blue!
You'd never think of pressing
Your advantage
For bearance is the hallmark
Of your creed
A lady needn't fear
When you are near
Your sweet gentility is crystal clear!
Oh, it's a jolly holiday with you, Bert
A jolly, jolly holiday with you!Then there is the way that Bert willingly adjusts to the times. In todays economy we can learn from his example of looking to the need and filling it, being a man for all seasons.
Mary Poppins and Bert are both good at helping others find their own way to correct principles. They allow others to develop and grow without putting them down or compromising their own morals.
Then there is the overall idea of a spoon full of sugar helping the medicine go down. What an incredible difference it makes when we have a positive attitude, when we look for the bright side. Basically when we count our blessings along the way and remember to praise the Lord in the good and the bad times.
My little ones fell asleep again before it was over I may get a chance to continue my study as we watch it again for them.
3 comments:
We love Mary Poppins at this house too! Sheeeeees supercalifrajalisticexpealidotious.
I don't remember loving Mary Poppins growing up- singing the songs later yes, but watching it, not really. I'll have to get it again. I love learning and seeing truths taught all around us- thanks for sharing!
This also makes me want to watch it. Or read it. My daughter read the book last year and really enjoyed it. It's nice finding good messages in entertainment once in a while!
Post a Comment